RiverCities Transit is a division of the City of Longview
RiverCities Transi has just released our proposed Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Goal for Federal Fiscal Year 2020-2022 and it is ready to view on our website: http://rctransit.org/more/procurement/.
The City of Longview Transit Department DBE Policy and Program are also available to view at this link.
What is the Disadvantage Business Enterprises (DBE) Program?
- The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program is a legislatively mandated USDOT program that aims to increase the participation of minority and women owned businesses in state and local transportation projects funded by the Department and the Federal Transit Administration.
- The primary remedial goal and objective of the DBE program is to level the playing field by providing small businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals a fair opportunity to compete for federally funded transportation contracts.
How can a business register as a DBE?
- DBE’s may register at the Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises website http://www.omwbe.wa.gov/.
How can a business find resources for funding and technical assistance?
There are several resources available to DBE’s looking for funding and technical assistance.
- The US Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) provides technical and financial assistance, including outreach and training services to small businesses in order to prepare them to compete and participate in federally funded contracts.
How can a DBE find out about City of Longview Transit Department Solicitations and Bid Opportunities?
RiverCities Transit is a division of the City of Longview. The City utilizes the Builder’s Exchange of Washington (BXWA) to advertise construction solicitations.
- Please visit http://www.bxwa.com/ to register and view current opportunities.
- For assistance with accessing, downloading, or printing the solicitation documents, please contact BXWA at (425) 258-1303.
- By downloading the solicitation from BXWA, you will receive automated notification of any future solicitation addenda.
Non-construction opportunities are advertised in: