Public Budget Reviews
The chamber will have representatives who attend and keep chamber leadership informed about proposed budgets which are presented at various budget hearings. Budgets reviewed annually include: Cowlitz County, Kelso and Longview School Districts, CDID #1, Port of Longview, Cities of Kelso and Longview.
Maintain a presence at budget hearings for public entities.
Keep the chamber board of directors updated on the process and any recommendation needing attention.
Make and distribute a final report to the board of directors. Make the report available to members of the chamber.
Budget and Finance
Chair: Neil Zick, Twin City Bank
Work with President/CEO to prepare and present the annual budget to the board of directors.
Conduct financial reviews on projects generating non-dues revenue for the chamber.
Recommend short and long-term investments.
Assure the chamber's annual financial review is completed; make a report to the board upon completion.
Ensure that the chamber is providing appropriate resources to address its programs and that it is following good fiscal policy.
Education Foundation Committee
Chair: Jill Diehl, Longview School District
Board Liaison: Cherelle Montayne, PeaceHealth
Staff Contact: Amy Hallock
Develop, implement and support programs that promote relationships between business and education. Coordinate the Business & Education Awards event which takes place in May, recognizing employer organizations and individuals that have implemented good programs for continuing education, including technology, for their employees. The event also recognizes excellence in education, specifically among teachers, administrators and support staff. Coordinate the Chamber's Scholarship Program by setting criteria, selecting recipients and also determine ways to help fund the program. Assist and help maintain and strengthen the Chamber's relationship with area education boards.
Education Foundation Board
- Melissa Boudreau (Kelso School District)
- Cherelle Montayne (PeaceHealth Hospital)
- Bill Marcum (Kelso Longview Chamber)
- Rick Parrish (Longview Public Schools)
- Bill Ofstun (Longview High School)
- Rachel Lowery (Kelso High School)
- Danielle Johnson Huntington Learning Center
- Lindsey Cope (Cowlitz Economic Development Council)
- Zaheen Khan, John L Scott
- Robert Zachry (Goodwill)
- Alyssa Joyner (Workforce Southwest Washington)
- Tamera Gilchristl (Lower Columbia College)
- Amy Hallock (Kelso Longview Chamber)
- Bailey Roberts, Fibre Federal Credit Union
- Teedara Garn (Cowlitz PUD)
Government Affairs Committee
Chair: Peter Bennett
Board Liaison: Ken Botero
Staff Contact: Bill Marcum
Promote policies and legislation that will assist in the success of business.
Cooperatively conduct legislative, candidate and other forums for the membership and community.
Provide information to members on issues. Ensure that the chamber is providing appropriate resources to address its programs. Oversee good fiscal policy. Work closely with City, County and Washington Department of Transportation officials on improvements needed for streets, roads, and highways. Keep Chamber members informed on all transportation issues. Support enhancements of entryways into Kelso/Longview including appropriate signage, plantings, etc. Invite guest speakers to discuss various transportation issues.
Provide input to local, regional and statewide committees/organizations that are responsible for recommending future transportation requirements.
- Legislative Briefings - every Monday 7 am at the Red Lion during the Washington State Legislative Session.
- Monthly Meetings after the conclusion of Session. These are generally on the first Monday of each month (Monday holidays are moved to the second Monday) June - December.
Government Affairs Committee Members:
- Dale Lemmons (Signature Transport)
- James Bobst (Pacific Fibre)
- Peter Bennett (Millennium)
- Shannon Cahoon (Fibre Federal Credit Union)
- Lisa Straughn (Express Personnel)
- Jeff Wilson (Port of Longview)
- Alice Dietz (Cowlitz PUD)
- Frank McShane (Square Peg Consulting)
- Rick Gushman (Gibbs & Olson)
- Ken Botero (City of Longview)